Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Can you be your own DJ?...YES!


My girl friends and I love to dance, so I was worried that having a playlist on my ipad hooked up to a speaker system just wasn't going to get people hyped up like a DJ. Boy, was I wrong! I mixed some old school jams, classic wedding songs, and some up to date dance music...the party went on all night! Add several bottles of champagne and it was a serious blast!

During our first dance! (Ray Lamontagne- You are the best thing)

My close friend Kellsie's awesome fiance Jason (who also took the pictures in this blog post) let me use his speaker system and a microphone for people to do toasts. He also kept track of the ipad which was set up to play straight through from slower music to dance music towards the end of the night.

Yes, we did "the matrix"

I got a few quotes from different local DJ's one was $1,200.00 and the other $700. I spent $50.00, yes you read that correctly! I used some different websites to find some good song ideas, I also asked my wonderful husband to be and we went on itunes. We ended up spending way less then what a DJ would charge.


Packed dance floor on my Mom's amazing patio!

Some of the artists on my play list were: The Temptations, Etta James, The Isley Brothers, The Four Tops, Chubby Checker, Ray Lamontagne, Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj, Wiz Khalifa, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Cali Swag District.

That really happened, these two girls did my hair and makeup! They rock!




No comments:

Post a Comment