Friday, November 30, 2012

Old, new, borrowed, blue!

Something old, something blue, something borrowed, something blue. What does it all mean? This should help explain! Here are the items I used for my "somethings" and some other ideas as well!

Something old & something blue
I used a handkerchief that was a gift from my Aunt as my something old and something blue. I wrapped it around my bouquet to have in case I cried at all during the wedding. Some other good ideas for something old would be a antique broach to pin to your bouquet, a piece of fabric from your mother or close family members wedding dress or veil wrapped around your bouquet or sew a button from your fathers wedding day tuxedo or suit into the lining of your wedding dress out of sight! Something blue can be a challenge but I have seen some interesting ideas lately. Get a blue Hair Dreams hair extension put into your hair and blended into your updo (this one is not for the conservative bride), cute light blue bridal panties from Victoria's Secret, blue shoes can also be a good way to incorporate blue into your wedding day attire!

My something borrowed.



I think the best thing to borrow for your wedding day is jewelery. I am lucky enough to have a super awesome maid of honor who let me use her diamond bracelet as her something borrowed. My photographer snapped this amazing picture of her putting it on for me before I put on my dress. Does your mom, grandmother or other close family member have a pretty pair of earrings or a bracelet that you always complement? Tell them how special it would be to get to wear it on your wedding day! Or, do you have a friend that recently got married and purchased new wedding jewelery? Ask them if they would mind loaning you a necklace or even a hair comb. If no body offers, don't be afraid to ask! Chances are anyone that loves you would be honored to have you wear something of theirs at your wedding. 

Something new

There are an endless supply of something new ideas, I could have counted my dress, earrings, undies, veil, or perfume. I also had beautiful new grey satin Michael Kors pumps, so why not make them my official "something"?! Most people count their dress as something new but I challenge you to buy something new that you can use again after the wedding! I will use my wedding earrings again, also my shoes, undies and perfume! I feel special every time I use something from my wedding day and it brings back wonderful memories! I also got ties for my groom and his groomsmen so they could all wear them again! The first time my husband wore his wedding day tie to work he got a complement!


Thanks for reading, more to come!

Love, Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment